Thai Yoga Massage is a 2,500 year old healing tradition that has roots in Indian Ayurvedic medicine. In this form of body work, the practitioner applies slow rhythmic compressions and stretches along ten of the most important "sen" (the body's energy lines) using the palms of the hands, thumbs, elbows, knees and feet. The receiver is placed into yoga-like poses and gently rocked to more deeply open joints and facilitate limbering.
Thai Yoga massage is done on a padded mat on the floor. Because no oils are used you remain fully dressed. Each massage incorporates gentle stretching, acupressure on sen energy lines, muscles compression and assisted yoga postures blended together in a fluid rhythmic dance. Most recipients report feeling both invigorated and extremely relaxed.
* Relieves pain and muscle tension
* Strengthens and rejuvenates the body
* Improves blood and lymphatic circulation
* Frees blocked energy flows
* Increases flexibility through passive yoga postures
* Increases ability to absorb food
* Enhances elimination of wastes & toxins
* Invigorates the nervous system
* Facilitates relaxation
Some do, others will only cover those massages covered by a Registered Massage Therapist. Even the best plans don't cover 100% of massages 100% of the time. Our prices are kept lower than what you'd expect to pay an RMT to reflect the fact that most companies will not reimburse your Thai massage.